Sunday, October 14, 2007

Problem Solving

I made a mistake. This guy from Chicago arrived in Christchurch and set about making claims that he has the experience when it comes to coaching gymnastics, and running a gymnastic business, and generally being a straight ahead guy that one could count on. He tried to share his vision with me and that is when I became wary of his motive.
He wanted me to help him get rid of some people and then take over the club and run it as a business.
I found it strange that he would want to do this when he has no experience of gymnastics in New Zealand, especially how small the community is. Everything is everybody's business.
I gave him my opinion that he should slow down and earn the right to lead. He didn't listen.
He then found out that I was building a website for the club. He agreed that it should be done and that it was a good idea. When the website was ready to go online, I went to register our domain name, which would be the name of the club. It was then that I found out that the club couldn't buy the domain name as it was already owned by, you guessed it, our very own Chicago-ite. The cost of the name was $39.95. Our erstwhile friend offered it to the club for $200. I made up another domain name and told him he could keep it.
As you could imagine, the club was getting nervous about this guy. We should have gotten rid of him then.
More later.
This opinion is of course my own and is NOT official.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home