Sunday, February 10, 2008

I'm sick. Alison Krauss

Help! I have the flu. Or is it a head cold with a cough. No matter. My new hobby is blowing my nose. I wonder how many trees went under to facilitate my new hobby [tissues]. I spent yesterday at the gym training athletes when I was really just wanting to lie down and sleep. I have noticed that nearly every symptom relief "drug" seems to be full of sugar or sudo something or other. That can't be good for you. I wonder what turning them into junk food or something that will grow you and extra limb is all about?
I have just lent a friend my copy of Alison Krauss and Union Station live in concert. A dvd. Last night I received an e-mail from him positively gushing. It really is something to behold. Sheer virtuosity. Alison is back by a bunch of instrumental and vocal genius'. Dan Tyminski, the voice behind George Clooney in the Soggy Bottom Boys [guitar, mandolin and vocals], Ron Block [guitar, banjo, vocals], Barry Bales [double bass, vocals] and a star in his own right Jerry Douglas [dobro]. Alison sings like an angel and plays a very mean violin. If you haven't seen this dvd. You have deprived yourself.
I am currently investigating Alison's cd "Raising Sand" that she did with Robert Plant [he of Led Zepplin]. On an initial listen its only wonderful.


Powered by ScribeFire.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 3:34 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sweetie, sure hope you feel better real soon. Something (the Spirit?) pushed me to come here today and cheer you up.

My how things have changed and those Winds of Change are blowing my way as I'm getting ready, in the next 2 weeks to move some 400+ miles away from here. I am going to live w/my middle son, Bill.

But I wanted to share Mindy Smith with you. Bad things happened to me in Nov. and this song got me through it.

Praying that blessings roll your way and sending big hugs.

Love Ya,

Babz

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home